28 October 2009

I Hereby Nominate Thomas for Nobel Peace Prize

Today at the client site, I kept walking by a poster promoting a presentation by a Nobel Peace Prize Nominee. It seems to me that this would be a great thing to be able to include on a resume or in introductions. And given the nomination process is so opaque, I don't know why someone can't credibly claim to have been nominated.

In fact, I'm nominating Thomas for the Nobel Peace Prize. Thomas, feel free to casually mention this in conversations. And don't feel obligated to clarify for anyone just who nominated you.

[As a side note - and in no way to suggest that Thomas requested this nomination, much less solicited it - if any of you would like to be nominated for any Nobel Prizes, just let me know. I see no reason why only those who are accomplished or president should get all the glory.]

4 comments:

Allen said...

Ron!

I'd like to be nominated for a Peace Prize based on the basis I have 3 boys ages 16-20 who have never had all-out war with each other in our home while simultanesouly living here. Talk about keeping the peace!

Lifehiker said...

Thomas! Unrelentingly peaceful, in a personal sort of way. I second the motion.

Thomas loved his cat, does not step on bugs, and consistently opposes those who support violence. These credentials are good enough for me.

If we all really worked for peace with the set of talents we've been blessed with, the world would be a lot better place. But few have time for that.

Thomas, keep up the good work, and don't let fame get the best of you.

Gypsy at Heart said...

I third the nomination. A more peaceful soul across the net i have yet to read. He'd disagree with this assessment I am sure which only goes to confirm how worthy of the prize he is.

David said...

Al Gore certainly isn't accomplished but you could argue he should have been president. I guess like Obama he still could do something though.