23 December 2007

Merry Christmas

About 15 minutes from our house (we used to see the Hotel Del Coronado from our balcony until the neighbors' trees grew too high), this is our favorite stretch of beach to walk. The rink is a feeble attempt to conjure up images befitting to Christmas. For me, this picture captures a good deal of what I so love about San Diego. Weather wimp that I am, I see nothing wrong with Christmas in the mid-60s, or being able to feel my hands while walking outside. Irving Berlin never said that the white in the White Christmas couldn't be sand.

Whatever the cause, I hope your day has a little magic in it.



Photo credit - Sean M Haffey / Union Tribune

2 comments:

Life Hiker said...

Ah, yes. The sound of the palm tree fronds blowing in the wind on Christmas Day...

I remember playing golf with my dad on Christmas Day afternoon many years ago when he and mom visited us in Irvine.

It was a great winter day when a good wind blew away the LA smog and we could see the snow cap on Big Bear mountain, many miles to the northeast.

What's cool about humans is that they can learn to live just about anywhere and believe they love it.

Merry Christmas!

Ron Davison said...

LH,
I forgot about you living in Irvine. This part of the world can be delightful - today we had 72.

The other day, my dad told me that my great grandpa was buddies with Irvine, who wanted him to come south to work on his farm there in Orange Co. Hard to believe that just a few generations back that city was a farm.