25 June 2010

Committing to Possibility





“What is possible is not independent of what we believe to be possible. “
- Neil MacCormick

“If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!”
-- Soren Kierkegaard

“The nature of a breakthrough is for you to stand on what you’ve gotten, what you’ve loved, what’s been important to you, what’s touched you, what’s inspired you, what’s turned your life on; to stand on that value you’ve already created for yourself and look out at the possibility for being alive that opens up, like a freedom, in front of you.”
- Werner Erhard

"It’s daunting how many possibilities there are in life for everyone of us. But rather than face that I might be a failure or success – I think both of them are terrifying – people find diversions.”
- Tim Allen

3 comments:

Gypsy at Heart said...

What great quotes. My favorite was Kierkegaard's. One could tell from reading his words that he had already partaken of the wine of possibility. Good for him. I myself have always thought that the existence of "possibility"' rests upon the platform of optimism. No pessimist ever sees the way out.

Anonymous said...

My favorite was Tim Allen's. I think he nailed it.

Texasholly said...

I think you know me well enough to know I love all of these and totally agree.

Live as if.